Sunday, June 7, 2015

Oh Horrible!

Anyone out there who could tell me how to get the poems to stay in lines? There are lines when I put the poems up. But then when I hit publish, it erases the lines, and the pomes don't look as they should. I am going to try again here in a minute.

T-SHIRTS FOR TOURISTS

Scene: Cozumel: small island
inhabited by 50,000 Mayans
and two million tourists: Father
going through piles: "Oh, look,
here's one your size. Isn't it terrific?"
Kid, three or four: "I love that one!"
Father: to small, mild, Cozumel storekeeper,
"How much is this one?"
Mayan, "Twelve dollars."
Father (throwing it down)
"Are you crazy? Twelve dollars?
For this piece of junk?
Come on, Aidan, we're leaving."
Kid begins to howl as father jerks him out of store.
I make a sympathetic smile at the Mexican,
whose face remains a neutral mask.

The poem is there now, in its proper lines. If I hit publish, will it stay? Let me see. k

1 comment:

  1. I HAVE TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX THIS. THEN I WILL REPOST ALL THE POEMS IN THEIR PROPER FORM. SORRY ABOUT THAT, BUT RICHARD ELIAS WILL HELP ME FIX IT IN THE MORNING. KATIE

    ReplyDelete